Digital video broadcasting satellite Technology refers to digital television distributed by Satellite, which is a standard, specifically designed for the DVB-S system. The dvb-s2 is the current version for broadcasting HDTV and standard, interactive services including data content distribution and internet access. The device has RF outputs for direct connection to STBs and IF outputs as well DVB-ASI to monitor the modulated Transport Stream (TS). The TS for modulation may come from a TS file on the harddisk, from an external DVB-ASI or DVB-SPI source.
Salient Feature of Dvb-S2 Modulator
• By adding a De-modulator device a complete system for modulation, trans-modulation, multiplexing, re-multiplexing develops with a minimum of cost and efforts
• For low encoding complexity, the DPC codes have unique structure, also popular as Irregular repeat accumulate codes.
• VCM (Variable Coding and Modulation) and ACM (Adaptive coding and modulation) modes facilitate optimizing the bandwidth convention by dynamically changing transmission parameters.
An Overview of Block Upconverter Buc in Communication
Block Upconverter (BUC) is used in the transmission of satellite signals. It converts the band of frequencies from lower to higher frequency. Modern BUCs convert from L band to Ku band, C band and Ka band. High quality BUCs utilize the phase –locked loop oscillators to maintain the accurate transmit frequency. While selecting the BUC there are several factors to be considered which are listed below:-
• Input /IF frequency: The intermediate frequency or input, in to the BUC.
• Output/RF frequency:The output frequency from the block up converter.
• Gain: The gain provided by the BUC
• DC Voltage: BUC uses this voltage for operation.
Therefore, Block Upconverter BUC plays the vital role of converting the frequencies and thus play a great influence in satellite communication.